Friday 23 February 2018

Worst Time To Buy A House

Well I have the absolute worst luck in the world right now. Recently, I got a really nice job offer from a company out in California. Now normally, being from the midwest, California is the absolute last place that I would ever want to move to. California is notoriously where the scum of American resides, and has perhaps the highest cost of living other than places like Washington D.C. and New York City. Well, the problem was that this isn’t just some run-of-the-mill job offer that can easily be turned down. This job offer was from basically my dream company to work as my dream job. In my profession, this company is where people go who are the best of the best. Like basically, if you’ve made it to this company, you have basically made it in life. That means that I had to think long and hard about turning this offer down, and ultimately I decided that I would move out of Indiana and venture over to California and face the problems that will come. This job is just not something that I can turn down; plus, I can always move back to the midwest down the road if things don’t work out in California or work out with the new company I’ll be working at. So now I have to start the worst process that absolutely everyone hates: moving.


That’s right, I have to pack up my entire apartment and move to California by myself. Not only is moving hard when you’re on your own, but trying to buy a house or apartment right now is like slamming your head in the door of a car. I mean, houses are going like hotcakes all over the country, and California is especially bad. So basically, I’ve determined I’ll be paying about 30% more for whatever place I buy than what I would have 3 years ago. This is super annoying and a great inconvenience, but I suppose it could be worse. The good part is that my starting salary at my new job is way higher than what I’m making right now, so I’ll be able to afford quite a bit more for myself than what I would at my current job. And I have faith that everything will workout, even if things don’t look particularly good at the moment. 



The annoying part about this whole thing is that I have absolutely no motivation whatsoever to start packing all my stuff. I already ordered some big collapsable shipping boxes online that I will use to start packing my stuff. To be honey, though, I feel like I won’t have the motivation to pack even when those shipping boxes get here. California is also going through one of the hottest heat waves on record at the moment, and I am not feeling particularly excited about being a part of that. All in all I still think I am excited to get going and start my new job, but I’m not super excited about the moving process in general. I think I will be hiring a moving company since I’m having to do this all on my own - there is no way that I would be able to get all of my stuff packed up and moved over to California all by myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ecommerce Packaging: How to Prevent Product Loss

Have you ever had a package arrive and find that something is missing? It's no fun, and it happens to everyone. One of the easiest ways ...